Thursday, September 4, 2008

Edinburgh.... at last!

Hello Everyone. It's been ages since I wrote something on this and the reasons are quite simple......

1. We've been busy selling and buying flats and moving through to Edinburgh.
2. We've not had the internet FOR AGES.

At long last we've finally made it through both of those ordeals (the worst being the lack of the net - by far) and are presently trying to settle in the 'Burg. I have to say that I'm finding it rather pleasant here. It's certainly better than Glasgow in so many ways. (This particular picture was taken at 6am on a Sunday morning when the Mile was empty - completely empty!)

Firstly there are no neds - or at least none that I've seen. The weather is better - it still rains here but it still seems brighter and according to the Met Office it has 1/3 the rainfall of Glasgow. Also there are loads of people out on bikes. To be honest everyone here seems healthier and although people say that the folks here aren't as friendly as the Weegies, I still haven't had any experience of that.

So I'm looking forward to our life here. It almost feels like every day is a holiday - I mean how many people get to drive or cycle through the countryside to work and back but still live in a major city? And where we live totally rocks as there is a beautiful park outside where we had a picnic last week - and there wasn't a bottle of Buckfast in sight. (That's our view above!!! - Jealous yet?)

So I urge all my mates in Glasgow to join us any time you want. You'll be more than welcome.

No comments: